Change Coverage or Contact Information
With an appropriate qualifying life event (QLE) and supporting documentation, you may make certain changes to your plan, including:
- QLE: Involuntary loss of coverage (e.g. aging off of a parent's plan)
- QLE: Gaining coverage under another plan, leaving the US
- Add Dependents
- QLE: Marriage, birth or adoption, arrival of family members to the US
- Drop Dependents
- QLE: Divorce, death, departure of family members to the US
Required documentation includes proof of event and proof of dependent relationship. Examples: Proof of loss/gain of coverage, proof of arrival/departure of family members to the US, marriage certificate or divorce decree, birth/naturalization/adoption certificate, tax return for prior or current year (verifies dependent relationship to student).
- Qualifying Life Event Form - You must complete this form and submit it with the applicable documentation within 31 days of the date of your life event; otherwise, you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period to make changes to your plan.
Changes to the graduate staff voluntary benefits, including dental insurance with Delta Dental, must be done through the Benefitfocus portal. Visit the Graduate Staff Benefits QLE website for more information.
Change Address, Phone, or Email
It is very important to make sure that your address, phone number, and email address on file at Purdue University are current and accurate. If not, ID cards, explanation of benefits, and other notifications about your student health insurance plan may not get to you. If you have moved or your contact information has changed, please make sure you update your contact information with Purdue University. Contact our Human Resources Customer Service at (765) 494-2222 or email@example.com if you need assistance.
Additionally, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update our records as well. Please include “Contact information update” in the subject line and your first name, last name, and student ID, as well your new contact information, in the email message.