Frequently Asked Questions

Purdue University Graduate Staff

Welcome to My AHP Care! Your one stop to find information about the insurance your school provides.

The new medical insurance carrier for 2022-2023 is UnitedHealthcare Student Resources. Dental remains with Delta Dental for 2022-2023.

Online only students are not eligible for Purdue University student insurance.


Those employed in one or more graduate staff positions (Graduate Teaching Assistant, Graduate Lecturer, Graduate Professional, and Graduate Research Assistant) which carries a minimum of 0.50 FTE/half-time/20 hours per week or more and graduate students with fellowships administered as assistantships on the West Lafayette campus (check Quick Facts here if you are unsure how your fellowship is administered) are eligible for the partially-funded graduate staff medical insurance plan.

Open Enrollment for health insurance coverage during the 2022-2023 academic year is July 1, 2022 (8:00 AM ET) to September 6, 2022 (5:00 PM ET).